Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Perfect Recipe Box

I have been looking for quite some time now for "the perfect recipe box." First, I started at antique shops thinking I wanted a tin one with a lot of history. After looking around, I realized that I wanted a new one....I wanted to be the one to get it dirty, to get sauce on the bottom, and burn one of the edges (which we all know is inevitable).

I bought a new one online a few months ago and it looked a lot different in person when it arrived. I recently sold it on eBay and I think I might have turned a small profit!

But tonigiht, I think I find "the perfect recipe box." Here....ladies and gentlemen (but mostly ladies)....is my soon-to-arrive recipe box & matching cards!
Love it! There is a bird, a pitcher, and two cake stands involved.

Hip hip, hooray!

XOXO,
Michelle

3 comments:

Corinne said...

I AM LOOKING FOR A RECIPE BOX TOO. Although I'm in the market for a wooden one (no jokes).

We are so alike...probably because our mom's are twins.

Cubbies and Nooks said...

Would it be terribly cheesy if you waited and got one of those carved ones where the lid says Kritikos kitchen, or something? :o) I like those....

Molly Jane said...

Adorable! I finally started using the one you got me. :)