Sunday, January 10, 2010

Little Yellow Button

This year for Christmas, my adorable husband, knowing how much I pine for a full wardrobe from Anthropologie, bought me a new shirt from there! My favorite item that I own from Anthro is a Little Yellow Button brand, gray, "Mr. Rogers" sweater. Scott, being cute, found a gray, polka dot, ruffle top that is also Little Yellow Button brand. They don't have a picture of my exact one on the website, but here's the striped one:


However...it didn't fit. :o( I was so sad! The small was a little tight so I exchanged it for the medium, but it ended up being too long in the torso (story of my life) and my nearly A's were nearly exposed. I've become more conscious of the neckline of my clothes now that I work in a high school. Not only do I want to look professional and not have people talk about me being a tramp or something, but I do lean over kids a lot helping them and I just don't want to go there.

So I returned my new polka dot shirt and pouted because I really like to wear things that my husband chooses. Last night, we went back to Anthro to look for a replacement Christmas present and I insisted that he do the selecting and I would do the trying on. This was what we found instead!

I love it. Though the neckline is still low, it lends itself to wearing a tank under better than top #1. The ruffling around the neck is my favorite part about the shirt, but mostly, I just love that Scott picked it out because I know that every time I wear it, he'll think I look pretty (cheesy but true). Scott reminded me that we're slowly building up my Anthropologie wardrobe...I love that man.

No comments: