Friday, January 8, 2010

Travel Dreams


My Travel Dreams


I've said many times that I would travel anywhere in the world where it is safe to travel (no war, American hatred, etc). Below are some of the places that come to mind. When any of you win the lottery & are thinking about how to use your winnings, please keep my list in mind.
  • Maine/New England: I've been to NYC, but most places I've been on the East coast are Virginia & south. I've seen advertised in magazines New England/Maine riverboat cruises. They look adorable and I imagine that there would be lots of delicious lobster. Scott doesn't like lobster, so I'd have to bring along some Goodcents in a cooler.
  • Brazil (specifically Rio de Janeiro): my grandma Worswick had a charm bracelet & as her and my grandpa traveled the world, they would collect charms for it. Growing up, I always loved her charm of Christ the Redeemer that they bought in Brazil. Since then, I've always wanted to see the statue in person.
  • Santorini, Greece: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants...that is all.
  • Prince Edward Island: My parents get to go here this year and I really want to hide in their luggage! Plus, I'm sure I would find a bosom friend in Avonlea.
  • Italy: Sigh. Our church choir is planning a group trip around Italy for summer 2011. If I get a full-time teaching job this fall, we might be able to go. I know they have a payment plan which is really nice. I sort of feel like if we didn't go to Italy now, we probably wouldn't be able to go until we have kids who are old enough to really appreciate it (high school/college aged), and that would be pretty expensive, since we plan to have 43 children. For those of you reading this who have been to Italy, here is info on the trip including a link to the PowerPoint the woman at our church put together who is planning the trip. What do you think? If you had to guess, how much do you think this trip would cost for 2 people to do on their own?
  • Egypt: safety issues aside, I would love to go to Egypt. In college, I had a wonderful Sunday school teacher who did a unit on Egyptian culture, specifically their views on afterlife. Additionally, I took 3 art history classes at KU and one of them was a general survey of the topic so we did get to talk a lot about Egyptian art. When we went to the Louvre, I spent waaay too much time in the Egyptian art exhibit - I just love it!
  • England...or anywhere in the UK: I love hearing my husband talk in a pseudo-British accent, and he loves British culture/Harry Potter, so I'd love to see him visit a place he's always wanted to see.
Places I've been but would love to go back:
  • Paris (France in general)
  • Australia
  • Jamaica, specifically the Jamaica Inn in Ochos Rios (www.jamaicainn.com)
  • New Zealand
  • Vancouver
  • Nicaragua
Again...I really would go anywhere! When I'm a rich & famous teacher, we'll finally be able to afford all these trips. :o)

XOXO,
Michelle

No comments: