Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bump Check: Week 33

I would consider myself to be a relatively organized person.  Many of my friends have witnessed this characteristic in various aspects of my life.
  • I have a variety of organized notebooks with dividers (specific dividers only available at Office Max…none of that yellow divider with golden edges crap). 
  • My classroom lessons, activities, etc are very organized and I move around quickly usually knowing exactly what I want to do next.
  • My calendar -- my time management system is a combination of a Google calendar, my Vera Bradley paper planner, and some sweet tips from Franklin Covey.
  • Road trips: If I have an excuse to use a spreadsheet, I probably will.  [See picture below] 

As my husband knows all too well, there are areas where I am SO not organized (aka…STUFF).  I’m organized with my time and getting things done, but STUFF like clothes, dishes, etc…I don’t really care as much about.  I think I’m in nesting mode, however, because I’ve been trying to organize my stuff better.  With my rib issue going on, it’s been hard to move as quickly as I would like, but I’m trying!  When I heard about some pregnant women making meals to freeze for the weeks right after the baby is born, I thought, “I can SO get on board with that!”  Yes, it would be extremely convenient, but more importantly, doing this would just make me feel super cute and planner-ish.  An opportunity to feel super cute at 7+ months pregnant in August?  DONE.  Fact: I sweat a lot.  Fact: My students will point this out when they show up to school on Monday.  Me no feel cute.

Anyway, back to cooking.  My mom being awesome came up to help for this frozen meal extravaganza.  We were an excellent team.  I managed assembling all the recipes and cooking anything on the stove.  Mom chopped veggies like nobody’s business.  She shredded chicken like a pro.  She sang along to Michael Buble like the sassy lady she is.  I…love…my…mom.  We finished 4 of the 7 of the recipes I chose before we clearly needed a food and shopping break.  After shopping, my rib decided it was done for the day, so Mom cleaned up the kitchen while I lied on the couch.  Really??  She spoils me.

I had two cookbooks I used and picked 7 recipes.  I ended up using this cookbook waaaay more than this one.  Look at the cuteness below!  The deep freeze we bought 4 years ago is finally getting used.

P.S. I’m back to school this week, so my bump picture is me in a school shirt from today.  I’m smokin’ hot, I know.

P.P.S. Students start Monday, so get ready to hear some of their ridiculous pregnancy comments.  Two from last week’s dance camp: “Ms. Dicus! You ain’t got yo’ pregnancy waddle yet!” and "Whoa! Your cheeks got chubby!"


How far along: 33 weeks
Current fruit comparison: Somewhere between 19” - 22”, 4.9lbs, a pineapple!  I can get behind that.
Total weight gain/loss: +24.6…apparently I lost weight this week?  Certainly not trying to.
Sleep: Pretty good.  I can’t nap anymore now that I’m back in school, so maybe that’ll help me sleep through the night!
Best moment this week: Cooking with my mama and doing some serious nursery nesting with my husband on Saturday morning.
Movement: My busy baby bee moves a lot, so much in fact that I wonder if other people notice my stomach moving around all crazy-style.
Food cravings: Nothing too odd.  I have still been eating a lot of cereal.  Currently into Hy-Vee brand Fruity Pebbles.
What I miss: Eating something, then lying down right away.  Now this gives me some serious heartburn!
Milestones: The nursery is painted & new window treatments are up!  It makes me very happy.  I love it.

No comments: