Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bump Check: Week 30


I thought I would update you on ridiculous things that have made me cry lately because (1) I’m trying to provide those of you that need it with a free form of birth control and (2) if I don’t laugh at myself, then I might cry again.

  • Close to tears/anxiety attack: We went to Nebraska Furniture Mart this week to pick out a chair for the nursery.  For some reason, the decorating of this room has made me anxious. I’ve figured out it’s because I haven’t really decorated other rooms in our house…they’ve just sort of come together out of what we already have and what I like at the River Market Antique Mall on my last trip.  Poor Scott had to encourage me to sit down and drink some of my bottled water as I was fanning myself out of sheer overwhelmth (That’s a word, I’m sure.  Look it up.  No, don’t look it up.  Just use it in your next conversation.  Ooo, blog challenge!)
  • An episode of Tosh.0 where the host quickly mentions putting a baby down a garbage disposal.  In fact, not only did I cry, but I turned off the TV, threw the remote on the other side of the couch, then I cried.  Scott just sat quietly until his normal wife was back.  Then we watched Jeopardy.  I did not cry at Jeopardy (yet).
  • I decided to buy a can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls (mmmm) which I’ve made many times.  I made them on a weekend and asked Scott if he wanted to eat them in bed or downstairs.  He requested in bed, so I put them on a tray with some milk and wet paper towels (I was very prepared).  We sit down in bed to eat them and we both take our first bite.  They’re pretty doughy (which I’m totally into), but Scott doesn’t really love doughy stuff as much.  He’s slowly eating his, not being rude or bratty or anything…and I bust into tears because apparently “I can’t do anything right, not even make a frreakin’ can of cinnamon rolls the way you like.”  Scott, who again is the kindest person in town, tried to comfort me as he forced himself to finish a squishy cinnamon roll and take one more.  I have a very wonderful and patient husband.
  • Lastly, at least twice a week I cry at this commercial:


 How far along: 30 weeks
Current fruit comparison: A cold, crisp head of lettuce weighing in at 3.2lbs.  She measures around 18” for head to toe.
Total weight gain/loss: +23
Sleep: Good as of late! Though it’s been super hot around these parts lately, about 2 years ago we installed a window unit air conditioner in our bedroom. I whined about it at first because I thought it was ugly, but it’s really no big deal and is SO worth it!
Best moment this week: Baby ate some good food at Emily & Preston’s house. I also enjoyed some wonderful time with my mama after not seeing her for a full week!
Movement: She’s moving a lot, especially at night and after I eat.  Another classic Scott response to her movement: “Maybe she's having some friends over. Did you feel anything else?”
Food cravings: ICE WATER! I don’t know if it’s the heat or what, but I’m loving it. Only a couple of times have I had a ridiculous amount, but more than just drinking it, I’m very verbal about how delicious it is.  Scott has heard “I love water” at least once a day for the last two weeks after a big gulp of some cold deliciousness.
What I miss: Feeling pretty content as of late!  Though I do whine occasionally about my rib (surprise, surprise).
Milestones: For some reason, I’ve just been waiting to say that I’m “30 weeks”…because in the 30 sounds so far along!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a cold crisp head of lettuce in my tummy, maybe it would help me feel cooler in this hotter than hades heat that I am SO OVER. xo sister

Amy said...

I cry at that commercial too--all the time. In fact, I cried just now watching it. I LOVE that you're blogging your way through this. You will cherish these memories forever, even though I'm sure you're getting really ready to hold that baby girl in your arms and not just feel her having parties in your tummy! Love you!