Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bump Check: Week 39


I’ve been thinking a lot about “nesting” lately, mostly because there’s a lot I want to do and a bunch that’s already been done.  Also, this nesting instinct means less time to write about it and more to do around the house…meaning I’m not sure how long this entry will be but DEAL WITH IT, SUCKAS.

What’s been done
  • Nursery is ready (pictures to come in a bit)
  • All blankets/clothing/hats/PJ’s/ridiculous baby mittens are washed
  • Clothing is organized in her closet and dresser by size
  • Linen closet is organized and baby girl has her own shelf now
  • All major baby items have been purchased and assembled
  • All my lesson plans and grading guides for the entire semester are ready and organized in a binder for my long-term sub
  • Frozen meals are prepared, and it’s been really hard not to eat them already
  • Our bedroom is ready for her to sleep in it for awhile (clothes put away, dusted, etc)
  • Hospital bag is packed
  • Organized the closet in the bathroom with the help of my lovely mama.
  • I’ve started cleaning under my nails a lot…I cannot be grabbing a freshly birthed baby with grubby nails.  That will not do.
  • My jewelry is re-organized (and for those of you that know the amount of jewelry I have, this is amazing).  I wanted to make sure it was organized so in a couple of weeks when the baby is like, “Hey, can I borrow that vintage cameo of yours?” I know right where to go.

Things I would still like to do
  • Clean our bathtub.  It’s nasty.
  • Clean the kitchen floor.  It’s nasty.
  • Sweep downstairs (lots o’ dust bunnies).
  • Organize the gift-wrapping area in the basement. Oh my goodness, I get to wrap little baby presents at Christmas this year!  Side note: Christmas music begins November 1st on one of the local radio stations. I will be there. Don’t hate.
  • Wash all the rugs in the house, including the one in front of the washing machine.  This sounds like Danny Tanner a la Full House when he was washing all of his cleaning supply bottles.
  • Get my eyebrows and (let’s be honest) moustache waxed one more time before she arrives
  • Put away some laundry baskets of school books that are just sitting in the dining room
  • Clean out the file cabinet in the office
  • Finish hanging up a couple of things in her nursery
  • Do another good vacuum of our room and her room
  • Wash our sheets so the baby doesn’t know about this situation
  • Get my car detailed on the inside.  There’s so much stuck on Tad’s Tropical Sno, melted chocolate, and granola bar crumbs, it’s a little out of control. I could probably just wait until the baby’s old enough and then she can just crawl around and eat all those little bits for me.

If anybody would like to volunteer their services to get anything done, just come on over!

Also, it’s totally crazy to think that this could be my last bump check…or there might be one more.  Only baby knows for sure!  I’m due the 26th and if she’s not here by October 3rd, I would be induced, but homegirl could come any day now!  Though it might be the last bump check, there will be many a good baby updates to come as I struggle through a new adventure called parenthood.  Get PUMPED (breast pumped…badum, ching)!

 
How far along: 39 weeks
Current fruit comparison: She’s the size of 8 watermelon put together.  Well…not really, but that’s what it feels like.
Total weight gain/loss: I didn’t weigh myself this week.  Sorry to disappoint you.  Let’s just assume I gained weight, okay?
Sleep: Not the best comfort-wise anymore, but to make it to 39 weeks and have felt pretty comfortable leading up to now?  I consider that a success.
Best moment this week: Finally getting the chair for our nursery delivered – yay!
Movement: She moves pretty good when I lay down.  To my students’ disappointment, she doesn’t always move when they touch her.  “Mrs. Dicus, make her move!”
Food cravings: Cereal…probably because of the cold milk.  Ice water – duh. I have been super into Panera lately.  They have a steak and white cheddar sandwich that is delightful.  I order with the mac & cheese.  Mmmm!
What I miss: Sitting upright on the couch by my husband.  My rib starts to hurt too bad, so I just lay down by him, making it more difficult to hold is hand.
Milestones: Experiencing some Braxton-Hicks contractions.  Is that a milestone?  Whateves, I guess it just means my body is gearin’ up for the real deal!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

oh I'm hoping she comes soon! but the bump checks are kinda fun, so maybe I want one more? either way i'm thinking of you!

Janet B said...

I predict one more Bump Check. Good Luck!