Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bump Check: Week 37


There have been a few things that have made me way more comfortable over the past 37 weeks.  If you or someone you know is preggers, consider one of the delightful products below as a gift.  Note: I am not paid by any of these companies to endorse their products.  However, if you are reading this and work for any of these companies, I will gladly take your money.  Thank you.

Michelle’s Favorite Pregnancy Products

CVS Assorted Berries Antacid Tablets

I have had heartburn like WHOA over the last 4 months.  I’ve never been a fan of antacid tablets and how chalky and gross they are, but once I saw how effectively and quickly they worked, I was sold!  Plus, they’re just extra calcium for the baby.  This is one of two pregnancy errands Scott has run (#1 – go to CVS for some antacid stuff and #2 – go to Hy-Vee for milk because all I wanted to eat was cereal).   I love that man.




Thermos
 I am obsessed with this thermos.  It goes everywhere with me.  Let me tell you how amazing this thermos is.  I really really really crave ice water and my classroom is 85 degrees every day (no…seriously).  If I put ice in this in the morning with cold water and refill the water throughout the day, there is still ice in it when I go to bed!  I got it at Target and highly recommend it to ice water lovers.

Boppy Pregancy Wedge & Boppy Body Pillow
The pictures of this one pretty much sum it all up, but I’ve slept with these every night for a while.  I’d say the wedge is more versatile, but they’re both great.  I thought maybe it would be difficult to fit Scott, all my pillows, my growing stomach, and me in our queen bed, but it’s been no problem.  In fact, I’ve even caught Scott tossing a leg over my body pillow a few times.

Liz Lange Maternity Tank Tops from Target
 
There are lots of maternity tank top options out there, and I tried these from Target and some from Old Navy.  The Old Navy ones stretched out more…maybe there’s more spandex in these Target ones…?  Anywho, they’re super soft and continue to fit like they did when I first bought them.  Wearing maternity tank tops has allowed me to continue wearing some of my non-maternity shirts by ensuring my belly doesn’t hang out anywhere.



What to Expect Book/App/Weekly Emails
As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, this book has made me feel less crazy.  Plus, I get daily emails (essentially excerpts from the book) emailed to me everyday, which have been really nice and timed to where I’m at in my pregnancy.  There’s also an iPhone app that I didn’t use as much, but it was free, so whatever.

Silver Born Gena sandals
We have a rule at school where staff and students can’t where flip flops.  What else is a giant pregnant lady…in August…in an 85 degree classroom supposed to put on her hippopotamus feet?  Enter these Born sandals.  They have more support than flip flops as well as a back strap, which makes them ok for my school.  I’ve never bought Born shoes before, but really liked this style and thought they were pretty versatile.  I’ve gotten quite a lot of use out of them!
 

Black old navy dress
This dress has almost become a joke with my mom and Scott.  I’ve worn it so much that now when I put it on, one of them will joke with me and say, “Oh, is that new?  I’ve never seen that before!”  It’s black, so it hides summer pregnancy sweating.  The ruffling on the chest makes me feel fun and girly.  All and all, this dress probably got worn during 20% of my pregnancy (no…fo’ realz).

New bras

Wolfe’s tshirts
That's my pops on the left, rockin' one of his classic Wolfe's shirts.














One-a-Day Pre-natal vitamins
Apparently Taco Bell and Sonic do not provide all essential nutrients for baby’s development, unbelieveable, I know.  Doctors now recommend taking a DHA supplement for brain development.  So I went to CVS, found pre-natal vitamins and saw these with DHA.  I recognized the brand, so I bought ‘em.  A marketer’s dream…

Slim Fast Peanut Butter Crunch Time
These Slim Fast bars have been great because I’ve really been watching my weight over the past 37 weeks.  I kid, I kid!  No seriously though, let me tell you why these have been great.  When I wake up in the middle of the night super hungry, I don’t want to get even more awake by making cereal or generally getting out of bed.  These bars are SO tasty (just like a Butterfinger) but they’re also filling!  I also keep them in my purse for emergency snacks.  I approve.



Miracle ball
My rib has been an issue during my whole pregnancy, but this little gem has really helped.  My mom found this set at Costco and I’ve used this ball to make it through many meals at restaurants, some plane rides, car trips, etc.  I just put it on my back and lean against it and it provides enough pressure to relieve some of my rib pain for a while.  It’s in my purse every day.  I think this ball has also been good for Scott and here’s why.  He really hates when something hurts and he can’t do anything about it.  He can, however, remind me to bring my ball somewhere, get me my ball, pick up my purse and get my ball out, etc, and it lets him know that he really is helpful.  I’ll say my back hurts and he’ll immediately say, “Do you want your ball?” 

Pedicures
I highly recommend a couple of pedicures for any pregnant lady out there.  Leg massage? Yes please.  Not having to bend over to cut your toenails?  Yes please.  My mom and I went this weekend to get pedicures and I told the sweet girl doing mine that my feet and my toenails would be one of the first things the baby would see when she’s born, so make ‘em look good.  She said that was a lot of pressure, but she must work well under pressure because my toesies are birth ready!

Always Dri Liners

What blog post would be complete without talking about my vagina or some type of bodily fluid?  Turns out “increased vaginal discharge” is a pregnancy symptom every month of this baby-cooking process.  I bought a box of Target brand panty liners (heehee…panty…) and used them for about 2/3 of the pregnancy.  While I was at someone else’s house, I used one of these Always Dri Liners and they were SO much better than just cheapo panty liners.  They actually absorbed stuff and left me feeling as fresh as I can feel at this point.





How far along: 37 weeks
Current fruit comparison: No new fruit….she’s still a watermelon.  Just a bigger one than last week!
Total weight gain/loss: I didn’t weigh myself this week…DEAL WITH IT.
Sleep: Pretty good.  My hands get super stiff during the night because of fluid stuff, so sometimes it’s hard to grip toilet paper in the middle of the night (oh my goodness…my life is soooo hard).
Best moment this week: Getting more of the baby stuff put together at our house.  Pack n Play, play mat, closet organizing, all good stuff!
Movement: She’s moving her tushy around a lot!  She’s going to be ready to star in her first rap video by the age of 3 months (after some training from me, of course).
Food cravings: Ice water…shocker!
What I miss: Wearing other shoes.  I know, I know…I just talked about how much I like my Born sandals, but I wear them every day.  Some variety would be nice.
Milestones: Moving up in the world – 1cm dilated, 70% effaced. 

3 comments:

Laura Cole said...

I just wanted to share in your praise of Always Dri liners!!! I did not discover those gems until my second pregnancy (tear).

kim! said...

I use those too....what?

and, "peanut butter crunch time"? did they ask me to name these or something? hilarious.

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle! I know we haven't talked since freshman year but I have two toddlers and am pregnant with my third...if you have ANY questions...feel free to ask! I live in Olathe and would love to meet up for a get together! Good luck these next few weeks! She will be here before you know it! Oh, BTW...let her sleep in the nursery at night in the hospital (they will wake you up to feed)...it may be the last time you get a good night's sleep for a long time :)