Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bump Check: Week 21


FYI: It's not always indigestion...sometimes it's a baby moving!

One of the things I've been most looking forward to is feeling our baby girl move, and it's finally happened.  Every day, I feel a little something...usually when I'm laying down but sometimes when I'm sitting at my desk at work.  All the pregnancy websites and books say that this is what it will feel like the first time:



That's a lie.  It feels like this:
 

I imagine the birth of this adorable, alien child going one of two ways. 
Scenario 1: Based on what I'm feeling now, it might look a little something like one of my favorite scenes from the cinematic masterpiece, Spaceballs. 
Scenario 2 (which is MUCH more likely than option 1): I will go to the hospital in no pain, stand and open my legs, and the baby will fall out into a pool of soft cotton balls.  She will not cry, just smile and laugh. She also won't be covered in any weird baby goop or have little chunklets of stuff on her (what is that crap, anyway)?  Additionally, I will not poop during this process.

I'll keep you updated as the movements start getting more frequent and noticeable and (hopefully) less alien-like.  Scott felt one little kick from her and it was great!  I can’t wait for him to feel her move much more consistently.
  
How far along: 21 weeks

Current fruit comparison: I think we’re still at banana.  I’m pretty sure the farther along you get, the less fruit changing there is.
Total weight gain/loss: +10.2lbs
Sleep: Wonderful!  Really, laying down is the only thing that makes my back feel better, so I love laying in bed.  Also, I thought the 1st trimester was supposed to be the sleepy/tired phase…but I still snooze on the couch for a little bit almost every day.
Best moment this week: Meeting with a cute lady from www.teenygreenykc.com to discuss cloth diaper options!  More on this later…
Movement: Alien baby.  That is all.
Food cravings: Lemonade!!  Full sugar…no “diet” lemonade for me.  Also, I'm craving salads, maybe because summer’s coming…so, I’m craving colder food.
Free food from students: Chocolate muffin.  And though it’s not food, a girl who is about to graduate brought me a little pair of pink baby shoes.  Pretty cute of her!
What I miss: Not having back pain (poor me…wah wah wah)
Milestones: Scott feeling baby girl move!

4 comments:

casey elizabeth said...

Yay!!! You are so cute!!! ALIENS!!!

Cari Mooneyham said...

Michelle--I'm so sad I didn't discover this hilarious blog before today. Good news is I still get to enjoy about 19 more weeks worth of pregnant Michelle musings. I'm excited.

CMR said...

cloth diapers! I support that! I used to read this baby blog and here are some of the posts I remember wanting to share with a to-be-mom (that's you!). Hope this information is useful for any excel sheets Scott might have on future baby purchases.

diapers: http://tourtot.com/?tag=cloth-diapers
stroller: http://tourtot.com/?p=656
peapod: http://tourtot.com/?p=700

Ashley said...

You think it isn't going to feel like an alien? :) Ha ha I don't remember it not feeling like an alien, but I was still pretty awesome. But mildly creepy once you could see her rolling around from across the room. I remember Chris sitting on the other side of the couch looking over and saying 'whoa, um, your stomach is moving'. Pretty crazy!